Saturday, July 5, 2008

WALL-E



Can you guess what movie I Saw last night? -- thats right, after a long night at canadian tire it was WALL-E that I viewed and what a piece of excellence it was too. I gotta say, I am quite happy with the movies that have come out this summer, with Indiana Jones, Iron Man, Kung Foo Panda(also awesome), Wall-E, Hancock (which rocked until the last half..) etc. (havent seen them all yet)

Here are some skecthes I did, mostly from memory and one picture- I love his pop-up eyebrows haha

5 comments:

Andrew Murray said...

i read in Mcleans Magazine that WALLE was going to be tough to sell since there wasnt much dialouge. but if you think about it I bet you could take most animated films and watch them with no sound on and their actions will speak louder than words..however comments like mine dont seem to make any money I suppose.
take it easy

Nathan Dickey said...

Hey Andrew, good to hear from you- and very true, animation tends to be more theatrical with very expressive actions to make it clear what the character is thinking. Wall-E had a pair of binoculars as a head basically.. so he tended to use his hands a lot, tapping them nervously and the like.

Joel Beaudet said...

Nice Wall-e sketches.

Jeremy Canton said...

Yo Nathan :)

Summers good. I just thought the movie lacked substance and could have been pushed more considering its their first and probably last chance to do the 'space' theme. And I love space.

Adam Pockaj said...

Sup, honky?
Yeah, Wall-E was pretty sweet. I couldn't get over the live action parts though. I have no idea why they thought that would be a good idea. Fred Willard aside though, it was immensely enjoyable. Mark Mayerson evidently hated it. I dunno if you saw his review, but it was pretty harsh. Too harsh, I think.

Anyway, hope you had a good summer. One more week at Black Diamond, then I'm free! It's too bad we don't have the same schedule. I wonder what's going on with that