Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gorilla Warfare





I haven't really posted anything regarding our current third year group film "Gorilla Warfare" as we are trying to keep most of it hidden until it is solid. I figured I would show my design for the main character at least, and a sketch I did involving the five main gorillas, two of which are kind of hidden. (their designs have been flushed out since there, but the overall shapes are the same.) The film so far has been great to work on, we had a rough start involving changing the story entirely about twice a week.. having group meetings so long that we had two meals in its duration. Other then that I would say that we have an awesome group, lots of talent in various areas and most people are excited about the film and strive to make it good. This has been the best year so far - even when sitting at school at 6 o clock in the morning dead tired working on assignments (having not left since the previous morning) and placing my hand in a cast when not in use (not really though) I look around and think to myself "This is awesome! here we are making a film, drawing.. hopefully someday for a living. I think a lot of it is the fact that I am not alone in my suffering, people that I have spent the past 2 or 3 years getting to know are with me also during those times. Last year I would get to almost a depressed state when unable to complete assignments to my perfectionist satisfaction..but now for the most part I am able to accept that it is the reality of the business and do the best I can in the time given. I learned a lot in doing this last assignment "Action Analysis" which I will post in a couple weeks when I am back at the school. It is a great one as it takes us from the early stages of development to a "Final product" that is, cleaned, coloured and composited. It was also only 5 seconds.. so this group film is gonna be a lot of work haha

2 comments:

Jeremy Canton said...

Hell yeah MAN!!! >.<

It's been a pleasure. LETS MAKE IT AWESOME.

DEISIGN said...

Great Job on the Model Sheets! They´re begging to be animated.